Thursday, December 13, 2012

Its The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

No, not Christmas! April for Eve Online Fanfest!

Hi all. I'm back! After a shit two weeks following my mothers sudden passing I've arrived back in the Middle East and ready to get back in the saddle/cockpit. Blogging at SC&S will return to normal this weekend! There is a blog banter going on don't you know!

On the 12th of this month, fanfest tickets went up for sale as well as the IcelandAir packages for flights and hotels. The hotel I stayed at was too far to drunkenly stagger walk back from the Harpa. I didn't see many on the packages that were near enough to the Harpa for my tastes so I decided to book a hotel nearer the Harpa (and the bars, and that hotdog stand) and buy flights separate.

So I'm all booked up and ready to hit Iceland in April.

Tickets to a week of geek - 277 Great British Pounds
Hotel for 6 nights - 747 Euros
Flights to Iceland - 248 Great British Pounds
Having separate credit card so wife doesn't know I just blew over a thousand pounds on pretend internet spaceships - priceless.


Few hints from my last time there -

Buy your booze at the airport. There is a huge shop in arrival hall.
Take the bus from the airport!
Iceland is very plastic friendly. You can pay for almost anything on your card even small purchases.
It's fucking cold.
Don't plan to catch anything early in the day. If you are at the Harpa first thing, you're doing it wrong.
Apologise to your liver in advance.
Find the Celtic Cross. It's a popular Eve-O hang-out.
Find the Laundromat Cafe. It's a popular Eve-O hang-out.
Take a camera.
Take a coat, its fucking cold.
Prepare for beards.
Have a great time!


One thing new for this year is that the Iceland Symphony Orchestra will be doing a concert of Eve Online music. Seriously! Looks interesting but the Wednesday before Fanfest is for boozing! May be I'll think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Argh google ate my post. Hate typing on iPad . Anyway I hope your wife does not know about this blog. If not this is the most subtle way of telling her that you blew a thousand pound on fanfest!
    My condolences to you and you family on your mother passing

    ReplyDelete